This ADRC webinar series, aimed at people with disabilities, older adults, caregivers, community organizations and providers, will focus on four major subject areas critical to these attendees and extremely relevant to the times in which we are living.
The Our Community: Aging & Disability Conference is an initiative of the Aging & Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) of Nevada County and emerging Yuba-Sutter ADRC. This ADRC webinar series, aimed at people with disabilities, older adults, caregivers, community organizations and providers, will focus on four major subject areas critical to these attendees and extremely relevant to the times in which we are living. While these issues are not new to people with disability, older adults, family members and caregivers, they are being amplified and exacerbated by COVID-19 shelter in place orders and efforts needed to reduce the spread of the pandemic.
Series Kick-off Session – Master Plan for Aging and Disability in COVID-19, August 21st 12:30 pm – 2pm. Bringing together local and statewide leaders in the aging and disability movements with a focus on 2020 and the Master Plan for Aging and 30th Anniversary of Americans with Disabilities Act all while in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The ADRC webinar series will take place from August through November 2021 and will include:
- Emergency Preparedness Workshop Series – We are in the middle of wildfire season and the COVID-19 pandemic in California and are expecting public safety power shut offs by utility companies such as PG&E. What does this mean for people with disabilities and older adults who are disproportionally impacted by disasters? We will explore these issues and what we can do to plan on an individual and systemic level. Workshops Series will include:
- Listos Campaign Personal Preparedness Webinars – July 2020
- FREED personal preparedness trainings completed covering 4 steps to preparedness
- Wildfires in a COVID-19 Environment – September 4th, 12:30pm to 2pm
- Presented by Vance Taylor from the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services and Roxann Crawford from FEMA.
- Planning for Public Safety Power Shut offs – September 11th, 12:30pm to 2pm
- Presented by Christina Mills from the California Foundation for Independent Living Centers and Ana Acton from FREED
- Digital Divide Webinar Series – September 18th, 25th, October 2nd, 12:30pm – 2pm
COVID-29 shelter in place orders are bringing to the surface issues with access to broadband internet, technology, and the skills needed to safely access healthcare and essential goods and services.
- Social and Emotional Well Being Webinar Series – October 9th, 16th, 23rd , 12:30-2:00PM
Many people are dealing with the impact of isolation and loneliness. This series will address the availability of resources and importance of maintaining a sense of purpose in today’s stressful environment.
- Long Term Services and Support (LTSS) – October 30th, November 6th, 13th 12:30 – 2:00pm
This series will review statewide LTSS objectives, the critical importance of creating age friendly communities, and the prevention of elder and dependent adult abuse.
All webinars will include ASL and Captioning.
Supported by a grant from The SCAN Foundation – advancing a coordinated and easily navigated system of high-quality services for older adults that preserve dignity and independence. For more information, please visit: