Do questions like these run through your mind:
- Can I afford to stay in my home?
- If I move, where should I move to?
- What sort of assistance is out there for me?
- Can I get help in my home or would it be wiser to downsize?
- What transportation is available to me if I no longer can drive?
If so, the ADRC can help –
ASSIST consumers regardless of age, disability or income in making
DECISIONS by delivering the
RIGHT information at the right time of available LTSS for their
CHOICES of care.
CALL TODAY TO GET CONNECTED! (530) 742-4474
The Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) of Yuba-Sutter assists people in making informed decisions about their short or long–term care needs, and to help them make a plan to be able to live as they want in the community. The ADRC process helps the consumer form a realistic view of what the community options in Yuba and Sutter County really are. The consumer is encouraged to sit down with staff to make an action plan and then become responsible for carrying out the steps of the plan. A sample plan might include contacting family members for their input, contacting a financial advisor or planner to help with the money issues, or gathering information from local agencies on energy assistance or low cost telephone programs. It is up to the consumer to follow through on the plan but assistance from the program coordinator is readily available if needed. A follow-up call will be made to see if the consumer has been successful or if an amended plan is needed.
The ADRC provides 4 core services including:
- Enhanced Information & Assistance
- Options Counseling Person Centered Planning
- Short Term Service Coordination
- Transition from institutional settings (nursing homes) to community and from hospital to home
These services are available to any person in Yuba or Sutter Counties with a disability, and all seniors, regardless of age or income. To view the Yuba-Sutter Aging and Disability Resource Guide, click here.
The ADRC of Yuba-Sutter formally consists of two core partners, FREED and Agency on Aging Area 4 (AAA4), along with extended partners, working together to streamline access to services and supports through an improved coordinated system. The ADRC of Yuba-Sutter works with a community network of government and community agencies that practices an ADRC/No Wrong Door model that promotes person-centered practices. ADRC community partners include:
- Health Collaborative
- Yuba-Sutter Transit
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Sutter-Yuba Behavioral Health
- Health Net – California Health & Wellness
- Yuba-Sutter-Colusa United Way
- Harmony Health Medical Clinic and Family Resource Center
- Ampla Health
- Tri-County Caregiver Relief
- Sutter County Public Health Emergency Response
- Yuba County Commission on Aging
- Veterans Administration
- Yuba-Sutter Homeless Consortium
- State Council on Development Disabilities
- Del Oro Caregiver Resource Center
- Comfort Keepers
- Freedom Home Health and Hospice Care
- Yuba County Health & Human Services
- Yuba/ Sutter Legal Services for Seniors
- Sutter County One Stop
- Sutter County Health & Human Services
The ADRC serves individuals of all income levels, of any age and with any type of disability, older adults, and their support systems to access long-term services and supports from a consumer-driven perspective.