Join FREED’s Team! We are currently recruiting to fill a full-time Information & Assistance Specialist in the Yuba City office and a part-time Information & Assistance Specialist in the Grass Valley office.
Information & Assistance Specialist – Yuba City Office
FREED is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time (40 hr/wk) Information & Referral Specialist based in the Yuba City office. Ideal candidate has strong writing and communication skills, is well organized, is experienced with Microsoft Office including Access, Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Publisher, and has experience with data entry. Candidates should have attention to detail, great customer service, and creativity. The candidate should have experience working with people with disabilities and older adults. Written/spoken fluency in Spanish or ASL a plus. EOE, Individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. This position includes health benefits. Non-exempt position, salary DOE.
Interested individuals should email, fax, or send a resume, and cover letter summarizing qualifications and experience to: Ana Ogren email anao@FREED.org, fax at 530-742-4476, or send to FREED, 1100 Butte House Road, Suite 120, Yuba City, CA 95991.
Information & Assistance Specialist – Grass Valley Office
FREED is seeking qualified candidates for a part-time (24 hr/wk) Information & Referral Specialist based in the Grass Valley office. Ideal candidate has strong writing and communication skills, is well organized, is experienced with Microsoft Office including Access, Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Publisher, and has experience with data entry. Candidates should have attention to detail, great customer service, and creativity. The candidate should have experience working with people with disabilities and older adults. Written/spoken fluency in Spanish or ASL a plus. EOE, Individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. This position does not include health benefits. Non-exempt position, salary DOE.
Interested individuals should email, fax, or send a resume, and cover letter summarizing qualifications and experience to: Carly Pacheco email carly@FREED.org, fax at 530-477-8184, or send to FREED, 435 Sutton Way, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Information & Assistance Specialist Job Description
This position will carry out information and referral services, assist the Executive Director, Deputy Director, Program Manager, and Financial Manager and other staff with clerical tasks, and act as lead receptionist for FREED.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as chief provider of enhanced Information and Referral (I&R) services to callers, and walk-ins, and record these services in consumer statistical database.
- Carrying out walk-in and telephone reception, including taking telephone or counter messages and referring calls to the appropriate Service staff.
- Performing clerical duties, such as filing, typing labels, and documents, making photocopies and faxing material binders and section dividers for staff as needed.
- Assist Financial Manager with administrative tasks as needed.
- Overseeing the receipt & delivery of incoming mail and the preparation of outgoing mail.
- Under supervision of the Executive Assistant, maintain the FREED general donor database by entering and updating donation data, addresses, etc. and producing thank you letters to donors.
- Receiving revenue checks and cash and recording them in the daily Cash Receipts Journal, and preparing bank deposits.
- Placing and receiving supply orders, with authorization from Executive Director, Operations Manager, or Program Manager, verifying that the orders received are correct, and assisting in the storage of the supplies. Travel to purchase supplies when necessary.
- Filing purchase orders in appropriate vendor files.
- Other related duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability desired. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School graduate or GED. Experience and knowledge in communicating with people with disabilities is preferred. The person should have knowledge of office procedures and clerical practices. Experience with word processing, data base programs, and accounting principles is preferred.
Ability to read, write, spell, analyze and interpret written materials appropriate for the execution of this position. Ability to respond to common inquiries from consumers, their families or the general public. Ability to effectively present information to people entering or telephoning FREED’s office. Ability to work cooperatively as a team member with other staff.
- STRESS LEVEL
Moderate to high. This person is expected to think clearly in emergencies and complete work with deadlines.
- OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Understanding the concepts of independent living. Confidentiality is a must. Ability to exercise initiative, ingenuity and sound judgment in administrative, technical or personnel matters. The position calls for basic computer skills in word processing and data base programs.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT
The noise level of the office working conditions is low to moderate.
Moderate amount of local travel.
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FREED is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy. FREED is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.
- BACKGROUND CHECK
FREED strives to provide a safe environment for staff, consumers, and volunteers. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, FREED conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted may vary by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, and sex offender registry.