This Fall our community experienced 5 public safety power shut-offs in the middle of wildfire season. Many in our community require power for independent living and life-sustaining equipment. In September and October 2020, FREED’s Disaster Disability Access and Resource Program resulted in:
- 7528 individuals educated on personal preparedness
- 868 individuals assisted in developing a personal preparedness plan
- 384 food vouchers and 19 gas cards distributed during power shut offs
- 202 nights of hotel stays provided for individuals who require power due to a disability
- 166 back-up battery charging stations distributed to power assistive technology and durable medical equipment
- 15 rides to power provided for individuals who did not have any other transportation options
Click HERE to learn more about the program and to get connected to services.